Hello shopper! It's never been easier to record from any device to your computer! Follow these steps to get it done in just a few minutes.
What You'll Need:
- The device you are recording from (in this case a VCR) (For this you can use gaming consoles, cameras, Blu-ray players, cable boxes, etc.)
- A laptop or computer
- Audio video cable
- Media you are recording on (VHS tape)
- Capture device cable (In video: TOTMC USB 2.0)
That's all you have to do! This is the quickest way, too!
- Hook up the audio video cables in to the back of the VCR under A/V OUT and connect the other end to the capture device.
- Now connect the USB to your computer.
- After you're done hooking everything up, you can install the software to your computer.
- Insert the disc you received with your capture device and complete the install.
- After you install the software, open it (interfaces may be different depending on the software that was included with your device.) In the video, we are using ArcSoft ShowBiz which is what was included with our device.
- First, click 'Capture' then, make sure the 'Source' is 'EasyCap Video Grabber'.
- After this, you will see playback of your device on the right side of the screen. In order to begin recording, click 'Capture'.
- It will begin recording, and once you reach the end, you can click 'Stop'. Then it load the video into your editing library.
- Drag the video into the large box at the bottom left of the screen.
- Once you're finished editing, you can click 'Produce' > 'Create File' > 'Browse' and choose where you'd like to save it. You will then click 'Start'.
- Now your clip will be rendered, which may take a while depending on how long your recording is. Now you can find the file and view it!